Choosing a bicycle as a means of transport is good for those who choose it and the planet.
Find out about the advantages in the daily use of this means of transport.
Cycling is good and, especially in Northern Europe countries, people know that. There, the percentage of people who prefer this means of transport is much higher than in Italy and they are also equipped with bicycle lanes and special parking areas for two-wheel vehicles.
Bicycles are vehicles designed to tackle different types of terrain, from city bikes to racing bikes, mountain bikes and finally the most modern e-bikes. The possibilities are voluptuous, and it is unthinkable not to find one that suits our needs.
But what are the reasons why we should consider the idea of riding a bicycle more often, giving up the comfort of cars?
1) First of all, bikes don’t pollute, so the first to thank for this choice is our planet. Zero discharges and zero emissions: this means of transport will help us to preserve the environment and keep it healthier and cleaner.
2) It is an excellent solution to keep us fit, especially for premenopausal women it seems like a real cure. One hour of cycling a day helps us to burn up to 500 calories and can also eliminate the cost of the gym. If you have the possibility, you can choose this means of transport to go to work, thus ensuring us also a daily physical activity.
3) The bicycle seems to be useful in preventing cardiovascular diseases. Being a resistance sport, it also helps to improve lung ventilation, consequently reducing fatigue.
4) Unlike running, the bicycle does not damage joints, in fact, no pressures are applied to the lower limbs. This sport, if practiced regularly, helps to strengthen legs muscles and backbone area, also strengthening buttocks, calves, and thighs.
5) It is not dangerous, if you follow the right behaviour rules and use the appropriate safety devices such as the helmet and the lights when it gets dark. It is also suitable for people of all ages, from children up to the elderly.
6) It is a sport that, due to the effect of speed, air on the face, and the view of the wheels on the asphalt, generates adrenaline which in some cases helps to dispose of the accumulated nervous tensions.
7) It seems to prolong life, helps fighting against depression and makes those who are constantly riding happier. Cycling, especially, if surrounded by nature, increases the sense of peace and good humour in people.
Do you still have doubts about the reasons for choosing a bicycle as a means of transport? It will benefit both yourself and the planet, which is why you can be better at 360 degrees 365 days a year.
Don’t you like the prospect of living longer in a clean world?